Neckwarmer Cowl




I'm excited to post my newest creation. At first I had a very much hate relationship with this yarn. I cannot tell you how many times I had to frog (which mean rip apart and start over) my work. I would put the yarn away and come back to it. See there are tiny little knots/bumps in this yarn and they would get stuck. I knew this yarn would look so beautiful when it was finished but it wouldn't cooperate. lol I mean I was really getting frustrated with it. So when I finally finished this little beauty it was a sigh of relief and jump of excitement!

The great thing about this Neckwarmer Cowl is it diversity. It can be warn many ways. I showed you this in the photos I provided. It's a very fun little piece to have, too. The yarn is made of acrylic in shades of mostly brown with some pink in it. The oh-so-cute buttons are pink and made out of plastic. I think they really pop against the mostly brown colored cowl. I sewed the buttons on with the yarn for extra durability. This is a must have fashion piece.

I made this item specifically for my Etsy shop. I decided since the devastation that happened in Haiti I would hold off on launching my shop. I didn't feel right about it, but then I had a second thought. I'm going to try and work hard and get as much done so that I can list as many things possible in my Shop. Why the sudden change? Because I'm going to donate a percentage of all my sales received to help Haiti! I hope you have already made a donation and if not you are at least praying for the people of Haiti. I have two little sisters adopted from Haiti and they have had their little world's rocked from this. Their heart is with Haiti and they are grieving for the people of there.

I am already working on a new project and it is almost complete. I am really excited about this new WIP as well! It is fun, cute, and function! That's all the hints you get right now. You'll just have to wait and see what it is.

I'd like to hear from you. I'd like to know what you'd like me to list in my Etsy Shop. Feel free to leave me comments with what you want!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is that??? Love it!!
Emma says she loves it

stringsofme said...

Thank you! I just updated the post to talk more about the actual piece. Its the second paragraph.

Amanda Steed said...

Super cute! I really like this - do you think you will make them in different colors? Also, I think it's a great idea to donate part of your sales to Haiti.

stringsofme said...

Amanda, yes I'll be making them in other colors. What colors would you like to see?

Anonymous said...

Needlebee on Twitter said:

I love it and the yarn you chose is beautiful. The large buttons give it pizazz!

stringsofme said...

Thank you! That's what I was going for with the buttons, too! I can't wait to make another one. Any suggestions on color?

Deneen said...

I love it! New subscriber here.

stringsofme said...

Hi Deneen! Thanks for the comment and I love having new subscribers!

Kyle steed said...

Pretty freaking sweet if you ask me.

stringsofme said...

Thanks Kyle! I've had really good feedback so this weekend I'm gonna make some more in other colors!